Saturday 1 December 2012

Salt Therapy

What is Salt Therapy?

Here is the answer thanks to my best friend Mr Wikipedia:
Salt therapy is the use of salt minescaves or other forms of exposure to salt air in the belief that this confers a health benefit.

Basically, you sit in a room with salt walls and salt all over the floor.  The salt is supposed to benefit respiratory illnesses, asthma, skin conditions like eczema and acne, and general wellbeing.  I'm not sure if anything's been actually proven (I think different people will argue for/against) but I thought it would be fun just to try it out.

My Mum and I had a yummy breakfast beforehand (it tasted a lot better than it looked):

Then we headed next door to Saltrooms:

They had these gorgeous salt lamps inside which is a big chunk of salt, hollowed out in the middle and a lightbulb placed in there:

We were asked to place these sexy blue shoe protectors on our feet so we didn't dirty the salt on the floor.  We were taken inside with some magazines and there was a leather recliner each.


The walls were made of bricks of salt from the Ukraine I think she said.  There was a hole in the wall where they crush up salt into really fine particles and then push this into the air in the room (look for the blue round hole/light).


I mainly just chillaxed, flipped through Vogue, ebay-ed, facebook-ed and had a teeny nap :$


One session is obviously not enough to see results, but I enjoyed myself and I would go back.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard about salt lamps before but not a whole salt room! How interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)