No I don't have the always perfect manicure with perfect makeup and perfect clothes. I don't have a house which looks like it's come from a magazine shoot, nor a model husband, nor ridiculously cute kids. No not everything I cook looks and tastes amazing.
It got me thinking about the projection of perfectionism in a public platform and I wanted to use this post to demonstrate HOW, in fact, imperfect I am. And no this isn't a 'woe is me please give me positive reinforcement' post either (you can never win, right?)
- I am really lazy when it comes to housework. I pretty much don't do any housework (luckily I've found a guy who loves it)
- I don't remove nail polish even when it's been chipped for a week (refer to previous lazy comment)
- I'm really short and used to have huuuuuuuuuuuge hang ups about it (not so much as I get older but not being able to reach things in the kitchen still annoy me greatly)
- I don't read anywhere near as much as I want to
- My relationship isn't perfect (I've had a few people mention to me they thought it was). We do argue, mostly about aforementioned laziness hahaha
- I shop because I'm materialistic
- I have a lovely assortment of physical ailments which you will know about if you read this blog
- I don't do any exercise. Any. Refer to aforementioned laziness.
- Sometimes I find my taste in clothes are a bit pedestrian but I'm not brave enough to step outside my shell
- I watch far too long mind-numbingly dumb reality tv
Do you read "my life is so perfect" blogs? Why/why not?