Wednesday 12 December 2012

My apartment smells like Christmas

I have been cooking.  All day.  Remind me not to bake gingerbread next year - it's so time-consuming!


I've packed some for tonight's KK dinner and another smaller jar for my friend who I'm visiting tomorrow.


I also finished setting up the Christmas tree and wrapping the pressies!


(Can you tell I've got a blue and white/silver theme going this year??  Pressies and gingerbread!  Snowflakes to come :)

Bought a 5kg ham from Coles and looked like a fool attempting to carry it to the car.  Got home and googled "do you cook a smoked leg of ham?".  You do.  Into the oven.  Here it is:


I'm not a huge pork/pig fan so I'm pretty blase about this piece of meat.  Off to dinner!

4 comments:

  1. Post a recipe of your gingerbread men pretty please? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the recipe off taste:

      http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/9761/gingerbread+men

      I put it in the freezer instead of the fridge though, and I only roll out 1/4 at a time instead of rolling out the whole thing. Try not make this on a hot day otherwise handling the gingerbread becomes PAINFUL.

      I used those little zip lock bags for the icing. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Oh I also added a bit more ginger and spice than the recipe called for but that's just my personal taste

      Delete
    3. Awesome, thank you! I will hav to do it with the aircon on up here I think.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)