Monday 10 December 2012

First day of annual leave!

My fear of being idle leads me to run myself in circles and become exhausted, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  When I was told I would need to take 4 weeks off I freaked out.  I can barely handle a weekend with nothing to do, how would I handle 4 whole weeks?

Obviously the first thing I did was start to create a list of things to do during my time off:


I allowed myself a sleep-in til 9:20am this morning and started the day with a cup of T2 Melbourne Breakfast tea:

PS how fitting/awesome is my mug??
I started ticking things off my To-Do list.  The first thing I did was a trip to Aldi/Coles to stock up on stuff my kitchen has been needing for a few weeks.  When I was at Westfield, I came across the Cake Decorating Society of NSW Christmas Cakes and took a few snaps of my faves:



You can't tell from the photo but the red cake was taller at the back than the front (reminded me of the base of a topsy turvy cake).  The bottom left cake looked like it was a cross-stitch Santa on the top but upon closer inspection, it wasn't cross-stitch.  Couldn't work out exactly what it was but it looked fab.  I like the bottom right cake because it's so Aussie - playing cricket, wearing sunnies whilst sunbaking.

On my trip home I managed to drive into the back of a woman.  Of course she drives in Audi.  Great.  Bye bye $650 excess.  Last thing I need when I'm off work for 4 weeks and already spending a lot because of Christmas but oh well, lesson learnt.

Came home and made myself a yummy sandwich (rare roast beef, cucumber, truss tomatoes and spinach with real egg mayo) before attempting to make my Rhubarb Gingerbread Sponge Pudding (I'll share the recipe tomorrow):


I spent the next few hours setting up the Christmas tree, wrapping pressies and making gift tags.  I'm not 100% finished yet so I won't show you what it looks like... just yet!

Now it's 4pm and I need to go to my Chiro before heading to my parents to help them host a dinner party (this is where the Rhubarb Gingerbread Sponge Pudding comes in).

Chat later!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm a list maker too! Just had to buy a new notebook because my old one is full :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I have a tendency to rip my lists out of my notebook so I have random scraps of paper everywhere :S

      Delete
  2. I need more tips. I am on 2 weeks forced leave for xmas and have only a week for holidays. Help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you interested in Indi? Crafts? Baking? Cooking?

      Delete
    2. None of the above! I have no hobbies argh.

      I have now extended my trip for another 5 days as can't handle the thought of being home for a week.

      Delete
  3. OMGAWDDD nooo you rammed into the back of someone? :(
    PS do you have my number for our meetup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this content with us. Here you posted nice useful details with us. Many peoples search for, Best Breakfast Albert Park

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)