Wednesday 27 November 2013

We got the apartment!

This is old news if you follow me on le twitter or le instagram but WE GOT THE APARTMENT!!

It's a cute 2-bedder with timber floors (yay), flyscreen (triple yay), gas stovetop (so hard to find these days), built-ins and a beautiful bay window.  There's a beautiful park down the street with water views and it's a 5 minute walk from the train station.

The ferry to work will take me 20 mins vs the 1 1/4 hours it currently takes me on the train+walking.  I have a number of friends who live in the area.  It's closer to my parents and Tom's parents.  It's closer to the city.  Tom's train trip to work will take a grand total 3 minutes.

Excitement is a HUGE understatement.

Our lease starts on Friday the 13th (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek) so we'll move in that weekend.  Yayyyyyyy what a relief!!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats again K! :) Now you dont have to deal with the stress just before christmas!! Sounds like a perfect little place! I think timber floors are non-negotiable! they make everything SO MUCH BETTER. Lol.

    Ps, the number 13 in Italian tradition is generally a good luck number & I think its kid of true because 2013 has been the best year for me - so consider the 13th your GOOD LUCK omen :)

    - KK x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww hooray for 2013 being your best year! It seems like you're certainly very very happy at the moment - I truly hope this carries into 2014 for you :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! How exciting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I am totally excited and want to move RIGHT NOW hehe

      Kx.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)