Friday 4 September 2015

New City, New Hair

If I'm honest, I'd been wanting bright pink hair for some time. And what better time than when you move country and have a month off in between (so your investment banker manager doesn't have to reprimand you for the inappropriateness of your hair colour).

It was a DIY job and by that I mean I have an awesome sister who DIYed it for me. 2 rounds of peroxide and a jar of Manic Panic later....




Of course the colour faded after only a few days. By the time I reached the end of my month off, it looked like this:


As much as the pastel pink and peach hair was actually growing on me, I knew it was time for the chop.

Had an interesting experience at the hairdresser. In London if you don't make a reservation you can just walk in and ask for the next standby appointment. I only waited a hour or so (went shopping and came back). Instead of paying the full £66 (haircuts in London are fucking expensive) I just paid £28. Not bad for a consult, wash, head massage, blow dry, cut and style.


Fresh to death and ready to attend job interviews with my lob!

10 comments:

  1. If only you worked in a creative industry :P most allow to you creatively express yourself - through hair and wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your new Lob hairstyle Kay, good luck with the job interviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLR. I'll admit I haven't been to any job interviews yet but when I do, I'll be ready for them!

      Delete
  3. Every city has different traditions and style. I am also stunned to see this tradition. At this point, you can achieve an opportunity to get the Exterior Painting Services in Knoxville TN You can make beautiful your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)