Tuesday 6 November 2012

Melbourne Cup and Sass & Bide goodies

Like other non-Victorians I have to go to work today.  And as much as I'd love to dress up OTT, my outfit still needs to be work-appropriate.  I decided to go red/black this year.

Asos dress, Louboutin Hyper Prive, T&Co necklace, Mimco bow cuff

One of the benefits of not having a public holiday today is that generally half the day is written off anyway with pre-race nibblies, the race itself, and post-race drinks.  I put my bets in at 11:30am (I'm a virgin gambler and I need to give credit to a number of work colleagues who helped me put my bets in) and got ready for the race.

Nothing.  Nada.  Sadface.

Anyway, I came up fruitless.  And it further reinforced why I don't gamble.  Ah well, I can still drink right?  And drink I did.  All afternoon.  Til pretty much now.  I headed to the Beresford after work as my boyfriend's band was playing.  Woohoo.

What else has happened to  me recently?  I impulse-bought some goodies from the Brandsexclusive Designer sale yesterday.  I nabbed the following:

Sass & Bide Straight Up jeans - $25 from $190
Sass & Bide The Appreciation skirt in melon - $25 down from $240
French Connection dress - $9.99 down from $60
That's pretty much it from my corner of the world at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. I ADORE that Sass & Bide Skirt - I don't think i've ever been on that website... any good?! It reminds me of a skirt Mila Kunis was wearing in Friends or something rather but it was in Caramel. So lovely!!

    Also love the red dress - you have such a great figure!

    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun - that red dress is my go-to dress

      BrandsExclusive is great! They also have a homewares version called LivingExclusive. These are the best bargains I've ever found on there but you do pick up some good stuff now and then :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!
    Mobile Free Bets,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)