Let me also start by saying I am a pretty healthy eater. I pretty much don't ever eat sweets or anything deep-fried/fast food. I've never ever gone on a diet in my life because I believe most things are fine in moderation. I started gaining weight (ok when I say gain weight I mean from 43kgs to 46kgs but considering I'm only in the vicinity of 4'10-11", every additional kg looks noticeable on me) when I started living with Tom, because I'd cook dinner and divide it in half for me and for him. Now, he's 6'2" and plays soccer 3-4 times/week and has a ridiculous metabolism. Obviously I shouldn't be eating the same amount as him. 3 years later I'm realising this....
So this is my daily food consumption:
- Large soy flat white for 'breakkie' - I don't eat breakfast because I don't really like breakfast foods (cereal, toast) plus I'm lactose intolerant
- Monster salad/2 sandwicesh/leftovers for lunch. Maybe once or twice a fortnight I'll eat out with friends or work colleagues
- HUGE serving of a protein + quinoa salad is what I've been making a lot of recently. Almost never make a rice dish or pasta dish for dinner because I don't love carbs (plus, a big load of carbs that late at night followed by zero exercise is a recipe for disaster!). Will eat out maybe once a fortnight.
To be honest, it didn't really hit me til I saw some photos of Court's (balletflatsonmyfeet) dinners and how small the portions are that I realised I am eating wayyyyy too much dinner.
This is what my new food routine will look like:
- Small soy flat white
- Bircher muesli with a tiny bit of yoghurt for breakkie
- Stick with my normal salad/sandwich/leftovers but smaller portion
- Piece of fruit for afternoon snack
- Halve the amount I'm currently eating for dinner
- Piece of fruit between dinner and bed