1. (Here I go with my list-making again) I enrolled in my final semester of my Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance. I started this goddamn thing when I worked for a bank 3 years ago and haven't yet finished it. I have to complete my last subject by September this year, otherwise my credit points elapse and I'm left with a big fat nothing for all my previous work. Might as well get stuck into it now. So a few dollars poorer, and a few coloured highlighters/pens later I'm sorta ready to get stuck in:
4. I've adapted Frugal Feb slightly to apply to food. All my dinners this week have revolved around using up some food already in the house (one of my pet peeves is food wastage). We had about 6 bottle of pasta sauce so we've eaten a LOT of pasta this week :S I had a sweet potato so I decided to make sweet potato chips (yum).
Also had a chunk of Christmas ham still in my freezer so made a pumpkin and pine nut pasta with ham (with basil and black cracked pepper).
5. Went into the city today to have lunch with some friends/ex-work colleagues. It was kinda nice to get dressed up and leave the house actually. I wore a Review shirt, Pilgrim lace skirt and Marc Jacobs heels.
I love Angel Place with the birdcages - reminds me of Melbourne actually. Wish we had more fun/creative stuff like this in Sydney.
We had lunch at the Ivy Pool Bar. I'm not a huge fan of the Ivy Nightclub but I don't mind the Pool Bar at all, especially for a casual (albeit slow) lunch.
Then I came home and made some chai flavoured meringues to use up more fridge/pantry contents. Can't believe this was my first time ever making meringue. Redonkulously easy!
6. Got my car pink slip, CTP and rego papers. When I drove to the mechanic I saw this sign but parked anyway hoping he really was joking....
8. Last but not least, I've started my South America research. It's really hard to accommodate for a 23-year-old, a 26-year-old, a 27-year-old, and a couple in their 50s.....