This year has just zipped past for me. If I think back to this time last year....
- I was in a different job at a different company in a different industry, dealing with a grossly incompetent and sexist Manager. Thank god I got out of that one quick stat
- I've changed jobs twice since then and today I absolutely love my job and my team and my current contract will take me through to my wedding next year
- I had just returned from South America where I saw my cousin marry her Argentinian fiance, and going to house inspections trying to find a new place to live after our landlord gave us notice that they were trying to sell the apartment
- I obtained my Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and declared I would never participate in any further post-grad study. This still stands.
- I wasn't yet engaged and was not organising a wedding + honeymoon and had a LOT more free time
- I was lamenting about the fact that I don't exercise (actually that's not specific to this time last year but more a general statement) and I am actually proud to say that in addition to walking to work a few times a week (3.5km) I have joined a gym and doing Pilates/Pump/Boxing regularly. I explored bikram yoga a few times but stopped that due to hypermobility.
What were you doing 12 months ago?
Oh I forgot to mention Christmas. I feel like Christmas this year will be dealt with the week before. I really don't have as much free time as I would have liked as I usually like to be organised for Christmas. Luckily I am off work from 22nd Dec so there will be a lot of last-minute planning/shopping in the few days before Christmas.
Also, I am leaving for Bali on 2nd Jan so I really need to get my butt into gear and organise myself for that. I don't even want to talk about the fact that I paid $900 for flights to Bali which were on sale for $120 a few days ago for the same flight dates.
What are your Christmas plans?