Thursday, 30 October 2014

7 weeks til Christmas people!!

Where has the time FLOWN??

This year has just zipped past for me.  If I think back to this time last year....


  • I was in a different job at a different company in a different industry, dealing with a grossly incompetent and sexist Manager.  Thank god I got out of that one quick stat
  • I've changed jobs twice since then and today I absolutely love my job and my team and my current contract will take me through to my wedding next year
  • I had just returned from South America where I saw my cousin marry her Argentinian fiance, and going to house inspections trying to find a new place to live after our landlord gave us notice that they were trying to sell the apartment
  • I obtained my Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and declared I would never participate in any further post-grad study.  This still stands.
  • I wasn't yet engaged and was not organising a wedding + honeymoon and had a LOT more free time
  • I was lamenting about the fact that I don't exercise (actually that's not specific to this time last year but more a general statement) and I am actually proud to say that in addition to walking to work a few times a week (3.5km) I have joined a gym and doing Pilates/Pump/Boxing regularly.  I explored bikram yoga a few times but stopped that due to hypermobility.
What were you doing 12 months ago?

Oh I forgot to mention Christmas.  I feel like Christmas this year will be dealt with the week before.  I really don't have as much free time as I would have liked as I usually like to be organised for Christmas.  Luckily I am off work from 22nd Dec so there will be a lot of last-minute planning/shopping in the few days before Christmas.
Also, I am leaving for Bali on 2nd Jan so I really need to get my butt into gear and organise myself for that.  I don't even want to talk about the fact that I paid $900 for flights to Bali which were on sale for $120 a few days ago for the same flight dates.  

What are your Christmas plans?

6 comments:

  1. You've had a big year! Can't believe this year is almost finished. This time last year I was 19 weeks pregnant and travelling through the US on our honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that! Can't believe it was a whole year ago... How is the little one going these days?

      Delete
    2. He has been a happy little piggy (loves his food).

      Delete
    3. That's awesome!! Love a kid with a healthy appetite :)

      Delete
  2. 12 months ago I was still living in Sydney revelling in Springtime flowers and looking forward to summer. Now, I'm fretting over having nothing that will fit around my growing bump in a festering cold and grey skied city halfway across the world. Time definitely has flown Eeeek, that little time till Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for growing bump, so excited for you :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)