Friday 4 January 2013

Where did the 5kg go??

I've lost 5kg - has anyone seen it?

I blogged 6 weeks ago about a new approach to eating and started reducing my meal portions by 1/3 at least.  I tried eating breakfast daily but I just couldn't keep it up (fail!), but I did stop eating out of boredom and only ate when I was actually hungry.  The first few days were REALLY tough and I got agitated really easily.  By the time Christmas rolled around, my body was used to smaller portions and I controlled myself and DIDN'T over-eat.  (Although admittedly I did still eat dessert and have hardly had any salads).

Then today Tom said something about his weight and I thought hey, I should weigh myself.  42kg.  WHAT.  I haven't been 42kg in at least 5 years.  I'm shocked.  A few people had said they thought I had lost weight in the past few weeks but I thought they were just being nice - ha.

A little bit proud of myself and a great way to start 2013!!

6 comments:

  1. Maybe it was from bloody camping!!!

    I'll email you the pic of you and D soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you a secret... I didn't end up camping.... :$

      Hello Lorne Hotel!

      Delete
  2. Oh thats awesome and so simple

    Wow 42 kg you must be tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm also so short that I just scrape in being classified as a normal adult and not a 'midget'. I'm dead serious.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic news about the weight loss! It's nice when other people notice before you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it just made me do a little happy dance inside :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)