Sunday 13 January 2013

Back in the kitchen

I've barely spent any time in my kitchen in the past 3 weeks due to Christmas, being in Melbourne, NYE, and Grandma's birthday.  I went back to work this week but after a taxing 4 hours on public transport every day (2 hours each way), the last thing I want to do when I get home is make a nice dinner, so 2 minute noodles it is.  Fancy 2-minute noodles though.


On Friday night my friend came over to watch some telly and she brought some Maccas over with her.  Thank god.  Was getting sick of 2 min noodles.  Not that I like Maccas either but it's good enough when you can't be bothered cooking.


This morning I had plans to go to the beach but Sydney had plans to be overcast most of the day so I ended up in the kitchen.  For brunch I made spanish eggs (I love this stuff and it's terribly simple).


And I had a craving for banoffi pie which is odd because I don't have a sweet tooth at all.  Banoffi pie is one of the few desserts you can make only one serving of really easily.


Loooove the layersss


Then I felt a bit peckish in the mid-arvo so I stuck these filo pastries in the oven - delish!


THEN for dinner I had some ham and split pea soup I had made earlier this morning.  So so so good.  Love this stuff.


And THEN I went to a friend's house party where I ate brie on crackers, strawberries and grapes, and proscuitto on bread.  And it wasn't until I sat down to write this blog post that I realise everything I've eaten :S  Ah well, you only live once (I only recently found out that's what YOLO meant).

Hope you had a more interesting Saturday than I did!

1 comment:

  1. I really thought YOLO was more hardcore than it was. But seriously sometimes I just want 2minute noodles (or D calls them nice noo noos). Nice = not spicy ones. Ok i need to get a life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)