Wednesday 6 March 2013

Kitchen mishaps, final exam and sticky-taping cars back together

I did not have a good day in the kitchen yesterday.  First, I sliced my finger on the mandoline which I had set to its thickest capacity (thick mandoline slice + finger = pretty deep cut).  I won't show you any pics because frankly it's disgusting, but the blood leaked out of the band aid :S  Then I managed to splash hot oil across my chest which dripped onto my t-shirt which was touching my stomach.  Not a good day.  I stayed out of the kitchen today.


I had my exam today (last exam ever unless I stupidly decide to do more post-grad study which is entirely possible).  I'm freaking out a little because I finished a 2 hour exam in 55 minutes, but I triple checked that I answered every single question.  I did find this subject reasonably easy compared to previous subjects' so maybe that's why?

Balloon sculpture of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Darling Harbour

Since I was already in the city, I met up with some ex-work colleagues for lunch.  They complained about work and it reinforced why I left.  Some things never change which is very sad, especially at such a huge corporation.  I popped into Daiso and was restrained and only made one purchase (weekly pill container).


I met up my youngest sister when she finished uni and we visited Pitt St Mall.  I went to pay off my Marcs layby and popped into Topshop for the first time.  I know, very late to the party.  I wasn't a huge fan of Topshop when I was in Europe so didn't feel the need to visit when they opened the Sydney store.  I did like their nail polish display but nothing else caught my eye.



Got the shock of my life when I bought a Chuppa-Chup from 7-11.  The last time I bought a Chuppa Chup (admittedly it was about 10 years ago), it cost me 30c.  Today it cost me $1.50 and the cashier didn't give me the 50c change so it ended up costing me $2 (I'm not about to argue with a heavy-set man about 50c).


What???  So sticky-tape isn't enough to hold a car together??

8 comments:

  1. Oooh.. what did you get from Marcs?

    Ouchy - I think you need to stay away from the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got this pale blue coat: http://www.marcs.com.au/product-detail.html?styl=12144&clr=POWDER%20BLU&cat=274#.UTfUQRz-F7I

      Would also love the red one but will not buy it as I don't need it... Maybe if I find it on sale.... hehe

      Delete
  2. Ow-that is a bad day in the kitchen. Be safe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I normally have no problems in the kitchen at all. It was a sign. Anyway I'm supposed to cook dinner for my family tonight, wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. Wow what a day for you!

    Shopping always cures these things though! ;)

    xx http://everything-classy-and-fabulous.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know, it instantly made me feel better :)

      Delete
  4. Also, because of the reflection, it kind of looks like the photo says Exam Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I didn't notice that til you pointed it out!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)