But lately my body has been in pretty bad shape.
I'm having constant (every hour of every day) neck, shoulder and back pain. My headaches are coming back (had a headache for half of last week) and my period pain has come back with a vengeance (TMI?). I'm even getting said period pain not when I have my period. Cool.
Seriously, I'm 28. If I'm having these physical issues NOW, what on earth is going to happen when I'm 35 and pregnant? Or when I'm 70? Just the thought of it scares me.
SO. What am I doing about it?
- Started seeing a physio and being diligent about doing my home exercises
- Will also start doing Pilates with my physio (due to my hypermobility - more on that later)
- Joined the gym today! Yet to walk inside the gym though....
- Drinking my recommended 1.4L of water a day (apparently that's what I need to drink for my weight)
- Eating healthy - have always been reasonably healthy so not a great deal of change there
- If I do need a mid-arvo snack, I've stocked my desk with nuts or I'll reach for a piece of fruit
- Go for a walk if I'm starting to seize up in my neck/shoulder/lower back
All these things are minor adjustments to my life so I'm more likely to stick with it. I'm finally listening to my body and investing the time and money now. Hopefully this will prevent longer term problems.
What kind things do you to for your body?